Listen: Major Lazer covers Beyonce's 'Halo'
Bey track takes a dubbing
Didn't get enough of the lip-service to Beyonce's "Halo" at the Grammy Awards last night? Major Lazer, one of my favorite album and singles artists from 2009 has tackled the track in its dub-step fashion.
Diplo and Switch add tongue-tripping rap verses from Elephant Man to the loping, sentimental piano melodies, producing a sound that confuses the senses: should I dance or light a candle? Diplo Tweeted about the cover last night, as he mocked the Grammy (or, rather, "GraNNy") experience. We highly doubt Susan Boyle was busting a move at the club, but thank God for the mental picture.
I've always thought "Halo" was a lazier version of "Irreplaceable," but a less awkward lyric than Rihanna's um-ba-rella-ella-ella. Lazy nor awkward are words to describe this cover. Click below.
News From Our Partners
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love