Listen: Kris Allen's self-titled album streamed in its entirety
Set comes ahead of a very busy release week
Among the major releases next Tuesday (Nov. 17), Kris Allen's may be one of the most anticipated. Obviously 19 Recordings/Jive want to sustain the excitement through at least this weekend, so they're currently letting AOL Music stream the album in full.
I mean, HitFix would, like, totally stream it ourselves, but the powerful power of Allen's good-lookin' album cover blazed through one of our servers already.
Critic Melinda Newman will be reviewing the set on her blog as you return to weekday life on Monday, but in the meantime, we can at least tell you this: don't expect too much acoustic sweetness that may have strummed your heartstrings during Season 8 on "American Idol." Allen goes the electric power-pop-rock route on most of the album, his powerful voice keeping up with a lot of medium to medium-fast tempoed tracks.
"Kris Allen" leads off with the single "Live Like We're Dying." Click here to watch the video. Sad to see that the JC Chasez-penned "Build It Back" didn't make the cut. Of course his cover of Kanye West's "Heartless" is on there, with a chorus treatment that reminds us of Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight."
This is Allen's second album, but his first for a major label and post-AI. He co-wrote nine of the set's 13 tracks and wrote one on his own, "Red Guitar."
Leona Lewis, John Mayer, OneRepublic, Norah Jones, Paul McCartney and more all have new albums out on Tuesday.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me