Listen: Justin Bieber and Usher tackle holiday classic 'The Christmas Song'
Does the mentor-mentee duet do the Nat King Cole classic justice?
As previously reported, Justin Bieber teamed with his mentor Usher for holiday classic "The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)" for his "Under the Mistletoe" set. Now the fruits -- chestnuts? -- of their labors are finally available for stream and purchase.
Earlier this week, the 17-year-old singer unleashed a behind-the-scenes video of the two singing in the studio on the R&B-flavored song; after debuting the full track on "On Air with Ryan Seacrest," it's apparent that the burden of verses and that famous chorus was shared equally.
"This record is going to be remembered for years to come. It's a record that has always been one of my favorites, and I'm happy that I was able to share it with Justin, and for us to put it out," Usher said on Seacrest's radio show.
The title track and accompanying video for "Under the Mistletoe" is already out in the ether.
The album -- which also features guests like Mariah Carey, Busta Rhymes and Boyz II Men -- is due on Nov. 1.
As for Usher, he appeared in Bieber's "Never Say Never" film and last released solo set "Raymond v. Raymond" in 2010. He is reportedly in the studio working on a new effort
What do you think of this version of the song?
News From Our Partners
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition