'The Hunger Games' star Liam Hemsworth talks getting a second chance with 'The Expendables 2'
After being written out of the first film, Stallone came calling for the sequel
Imagine this: you win a role in Sylvester Stallone's latest action film, only to find out that your character has been written out of the script shortly before production is scheduled to begin. It's a story Liam Hemsworth knows well; in 2009 the young actor was offered to co-star opposite Stallone in "The Expendables", only for his role to end up in the paper shredder before the cameras started rolling. Luckily, however, Stallone remembered him for the sequel, which is hitting theaters on August 17 (watch the trailer here).
It was then that he finally had the opportunity to co-star opposite a slew of action-movie heavyweights including Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Chuck Norris, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Bruce Willis and - the Holy Grail of the lot - former California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. "I [worked with] everyone and anyone that I'd grown up watching in action films. As a young male actor it was pretty incredible to be on set with them and working with them and interacting with them and hanging out with them," said Hemsworth. "It was pretty cool."
Are you looking forward to "The Expendables 2", or were you disappointed by the first movie and feel the sequel isn't worth your time and money? Share your thoughts below.
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!