Kristen Stewart goes 'On the Road' before 'Breaking Dawn'
Walter Salles' Jack Kerouac adaptation will also star Garrett Hedlund
Kristen Stewart is making it clear she has no intention to go "Hollywood" besides her iconic role as Bella in the "Twilight Saga." Stewart has already released two indie films this year, "The Yellow Handkerchief" and the unexpected box office misfire "The Runaways." Plus, Stewart still has "Welcome to the Rileys" primed for award season this fall. Now, Stewart is stepping up to join the cast of Walter Sales' cinematic adaptation of Jack Kerouac's classic novel "On the Road."
Kerouac's mostly autobiographic and critically acclaimed novel centers on trips he took with friends across America in the 1950s. The author's alter ego, Dean Moriarty, will be played by "Tron Legacy's" Garrett Hedlund. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Stewart will play Moriarty's "on-and-off" wife Marylou. Sam Riley, who shined in the indie "Control," will play Keruoac's alter ego Sal Paradise.
Salles, who is best known for "The Motorcycle Diaries," is so passionate about his new project he took Kerouac's trips across the continent and even filmed a documentary about his journey.
The independently financed $25 million film is expected to begin production in August. This won't hinder Stewart's commitment to "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" which will shoot sometime this fall. She'll next appear in "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" opening on June 30.
News From Our Partners
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition