Kristen Stewart gets a bandmate for 'The Runaways': Dakota Fanning
Duo appear in both 'New Moon' and 'The Runaways'
Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning are really going to get to know each other. The two young actresses are already appearing together in the "Twilight" sequel, "The Twilight Saga: New Moon," but now Fanning is set to join Stewart in the upcoming biopic of the '70s all-girl band "The Runaways."
According to Variety, Fanning is negotiating to play lead singer Cheri Currie while Stewart is already on board to play Joan Jett. Surprisingly, Fanning is the same age, 15, that Currie was when she made her debut with the band who had hits like "Cherry Bomb" and "Born to Be Bad" before flaming out less than five years after forming.
The independently financed production was written by noted music video auteur Floria Sigismondi, and it will mark her feature film directorial debut.
Stewart will soon be seen in Miramax's "Adventureland" which had its debut at the Sundance Film Festival earlier this year and just announced a new release date of April 3.
For a girl just trying to get through a normal high school existence, Fanning has been busy of late appearing in "The Secret Life of Bees," "Push" and voicing the title role in "Coraline." She'll play the vampire Jane in ./../../events/2009-1-8-new-moon" class="fly" id="ev_62644" target="_self">"The Twilight Saga: New Moon."
Production is expected to begin in late spring after both Stewart and Fanning have completed "New Moon."
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!