Kellan Lutz goes from vampire to the sea in 'War of the Gods'
Busy 'A Nightmare on Elm Street' star will play Poseidon
The trio of the "Twilight Saga" superstars Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner have all been busy with numerous movie projects since the vampire franchise took off, but could Kellan Lutz turn out to be the true hit-maker among them? Lutz plays supporting bloodsucker Emmett Cullen in the big screen adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's popular novels, but he's got a few other projects that should increase his starpower over the next year or so. Lutz has a key role in the reboot of "A Nightmare on Elm Street" this April and now is joining the intriguing cast of Relativity Media's "War of the Gods."
The period piece hopes to ride the wave of Ancient Greek nostalgia "Clash of the Titans" should spark with a tale centered on the warrior Theseus ("The Tudor's" Henry Cavill) teaming up with the Greek gods to defeat the elder and much more sinister Titans in order to save mankind (yes, even gods get cranky in their old age). According to Variety, Lutz will play a young appearing Poseidon, god of the seas. Other cast members include Mickey Rourke and "Slumdog Millionaire's" Frieda Pinto.
Visionary Tarsem Singh, who previously helmed "The Cell" and "The Fall," is on board to direct. Universal Pictures will distribute and market for Relativity.
Besides the upcoming "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse," Lutz will also the upcoming indies "Meskada" and "Warrior."
Production on "War of the Gods" is expected to begin sometime next month.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Announcement Trailer is Full of Swords and Ponytails SNL: Ben Affleck Joins the "Fiver Timers Club" and Explains His Oscar Speech SNL: Iran Responds to 'Argo' With a Film of Its Own
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures