Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin to star in Jason Reitman's 'Labor Day'
'Juno,' 'Up in the Air' director adapting Joyce Maynard novel
Oscar winner Kate Winslet and "No Country For Old Men" star Josh Brolin are set to have a strange vacation together in writer/director Jason Reitman’s upcoming "Labor Day."
Adapted by Reitman from Joyce Maynard's book of the same name, the story centers on an escaped convict (Brolin) who shacks up with a single mom (Winslet) and her young son over the three-day Labor Day weekend.
The prolific Jason Reitman, who also directed "Thank You For Smoking," and the award magnets "Juno" and "Up in the Air," will soon be releasing “Young Adult,” starring Charlize Theron. That film reunited him with "Juno" screenwriter Diablo Cody. It hits theaters on December 9, and is generating Oscar buzz for Theron (who won Best Actress for her performance in "Monster" a few years ago).
Winslet, a six-time nominee, earned an Academy Award for "The Reader." Between her upcoming films "Contagion," "Carnage," and now "Labor Day," it wouldn't be surprising if she adds another nomination to her impressive resume.
Meanwhile, Brolin was recently seen in the Coen Brothers' "True Grit," and will soon appear in "Gangster Squad" and "Men in Black III."
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!