Kate Beckinsale may star in 'Total Recall' remake
Len Wiseman-directed film stars Colin Farrell in Schwarzenegger part
"Underworld" star Kate Beckinsale is circling Sony/MGM's "Total Recall" remake, according to Deadline.com.
The film is already set to star Colin Farrell as Douglas Quaid, who may or may not be a double agent in a futuristic civil war on Mars, a role which Arnold Schwarzenegger portrayed in 1990.
Beckinsale, in one of the film's two female lead roles, would play Lori, Quaid's loving wife-turned-vengeful-assassin, played by Sharon Stone in the 1990 version.
The other lead female role is freedom fighter Melina (played in the original by Rachel Ticotin), for which Eva Mendes and Rosario Dawson are rumored to be the top choices.
"Breaking Bad's" Bryan Cranston was recently announced as the film's main villain.
The film is based on the Philip K. Dick short Story "We Can Remember It For You Wholesale."
Beckinsale is married to the remake's director, Len Wiseman ("Live Free or Die Hard"), and he directed her on the first three "Underworld" films. She is currently shooting Sony's "Underworld 4: New Dawn", which Wiseman is producing, but not directing. The "Total Recall" offer could be Sony's way of paying back Beckinsale for agreeing to this latest "Underworld."
Beckinsale will soon be seen in "Contraband" with Mark Wahlberg, and is attached to star in the Karen Moncrieff-directed "The Trials of Kate McCullough."
News From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival