Kanye West, Christina Aguilera, Nine Inch Nails make recording resolutions in the new year
Rapper West returns with his penchant ALL CAPS
Kanye West, Christina Aguilera and Nine Inch Nails all went on hiatus in 2009 in varioius ways for various reasons, but each has made the New Year's resolutions to make a return in 2010.
"I'M SO HAPPY TO BE BACK IN THE STUDIO MAKING NEW MUSIC. I WILL BRING YOU THE BEST I HAVE TO OFFER WITH THE SAME DEDICATION THAT KOBE HAS ON THE COURT. IT'S FUNNY HOW SO MANY RAPPERS GET WORSE AS THEIR CAREERS STRETCH OUT BUT TRUE POETS GET BETTER."
We'd reprint the whole excerpt except that 228 words of capitalized letters hurts our eyes. To summarize, he compares himself to Maya Angelou and Nina Simone, encourages fans to "look past headlines" and avoid being brainwashed by unnamed, false, strawmanly "powers that be."
As previously reported, his "VH1 Storytellers" DVD/CD set is out tomorrow.
"2010 has a number of things planned including new material from nine inch nails and something else that isn't nine inch nails. I am in a state of rediscovery and reinvention that feels unfamiliar, unsure and exactly what I need."
He and the band went on the Wave Goodbye farewell tour this past year in warning that the band would disappear, at least as a live act, for a while. Past reports have indicated that Reznor will be in the studio with composer Gary Numan this year.
And while Christina Aguilera had been hard at work at a new effort in 2009, she told guests at her New Year's Eve part at Tao in L.A. that the effort is complete and will hit shelves in March. That set, her fourth, is rumored to feature guests like Santigold, Goldfrapp and M.I.A.
News From Our Partners
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1