Game taps Justin Timberlake, Dr. Dre, Pharrell for The Game's 'R.E.D.,' finally out June
Rapper pulled out the stops for superproducer lineup
The Game has finally put a release date to his next proper studio effort, "The R.E.D. Album" -- June 15 -- and has made it abundantly clear that he's pulling out the stops with special guests.
One of the first singles "Ain't No Doubt About It" boast vocal contributions from Justin Timberlake; another, "It Must Be Me," to be the street-wise song with Dr. Dre co-producing. Pharrell Williams is producing both.
"I never thought I would have the chance to work with Justin, but to come up with a smash like we did, it's only fitting," The Game said in a statement.
The Compton rapper has worked with Dre before, but hadn't specifically on his last, 2008 set "LAX," after a very active and public beef between he and 50 Cent. Since the feud's ended and sonic ideas are moving back toward 2004's "The Documentary," the two obviously found it worth while to convene again.
"Dre is a hip-hop legend and one of the reasons I'm making music," Game said. "To be working so closely with him again ... man, I don't even have words to describe it. My two favorite producers are helping me with the direction of this album. I couldn't be in a better position."
The RZA has been named previously as a contributor, as well.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals