Jude Law talks 'Repo Men' and pleads the fifth on 'Sherlock Holmes 2'
Plus: Whitaker and Law profess their love for Oscar's final five
It took quite awhile for "Repo Men," the new Sci-Fi thriller starring Jude Law and Forest Whitaker to get to the screen, but for movie fans wanting something a little different in their local multiplex it might have been worth the wait.
Set in the not-so distant future, the action flick finds Law and Whitaker living in a world where technology has advanced to save lives with amazing mechanical organs. However, there's one hitch. If you can't afford to continue the payments on those new devices, Law and Whitaker are part of a union that will literally remove them from your body. Talk about health care gone to extremes. Ironically, of course, Law is injured and finds himself with his own "loaned" organ. When he can no longer afford the payments, Whitaker's character is forced to attempt to collect. Ouch.
The acclaimed duo sat down last week to talk about "Repo Men" with HitFix's own Katie Hasty. They joked about the intense action rehearsals and the darker aspects of the project. Strangely, Law also claimed to know nothing of a planned "Sherlock Holmes" sequel even though it's been publicly discussed in the media by both director Guy Ritchie and Law's co-star Robert Downey, Jr. As for Whitaker, the Oscar winner talked about being a presenter to longtime friend Sandra Bullock on the 82nd Academy Awards and the joy of being part of the "five on five" presentation.
You can watch the entertaining interview embedded in this story or for a larger version, click here.
"Repo Men" opens nationwide tomorrow.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title