Joseph Gordon-Levitt eyeing lead in 'Little Shop of Horrors' remake
'Dark Knight Rises' actor developing the musical as a possible starring vehicle
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is looking to do a little singing and dancing on the big-screen again.
Having earlier proven his chops as a more-than-competent hoofer who can carry a tune in "500 Days of Summer", the actor is reportedly developing a remake of the horror-comedy musical "Little Shop of Horrors" as a possible starring vehicle, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He would play protagonist Seymour Krelborn, a hopelessly-nerdy florist who begins raising a talking plant with a taste for human blood at the New York City shop where he works as an assistant.
The Seymour character was of course played by Rick Moranis in the 1986 Frank Oz version, which itself was an adaptation of the off-Broadway musical of the same name - a musical that, in turn, was based on the ultra-low-budget 1960 Roger Corman film.
No director has yet been tapped for the remake, though "Spider-Man: Turn off the Dark" playwright Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is on board to write the screenplay.
Gordon-Levitt's next film is Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises", followed by the action-thriller "Premium Rush" and Rian Johnson's sci-fi mind-trip "Looper" opposite Bruce Willis and Emily Blunt.
Do you think Joseph Gordon-Levitt would make a good Seymour? Any ideas on which actress should play Audrey? Sound off in the comments!
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard