Jonas Brothers debut at No. 1 on The Billboard 200 chart
The Taylor Swift train just won't stop
It probably surprises you as much as it surprises us (very little), but the Jonas Brothers have debuted at No. 1 on this week's Billboard 200 chart. "Lines, Vines and Trying Times" moved 247,000 copies, thought the trio's last studio album "A Little Bit Longer" bowed with 525,000 last August. "Lines" is the brothers' second chart-topper, hard to believe it. The soundtrack to their 3D movie only peaked at No. 3 earlier this year.
Black Eyed Peas' "The E.N.D." slips to No. 2, with sales down 51% to 148,000, pushing Dave Matthews Band's "Big Whiskey And The GrooGrux King" to No. 3 with 88,000 (-31%). Eminem's "Relapse" follows suit, falling 3-4 with 72,000 (-17%).
"Monuments and Melodies," the first greatest hits set from Incubus, debuts at No. 5 with 70,000 copies. This release is a double-disc deluxe version, with the regular version due on July 21.
Lady GaGa holds tight to No. 6 with "The Fame" (47,000, flat sales) as Chickenfoot's self-titled album slips 4-7 (43,000, -46%). Moving 7-8 is the soundtrack to "Hannah Montana: The Movie" with 42,000 (-9%). Green Day's "21st Centruy Breakdown" falls 8-9 with 40,000 (-3%). Climbing a notch, Taylor Swift's former chart-topper "Fearless" re-enters the top tier 11-10 with 38,000 (+10%).
This week of sales is up 6.5% compared to last week's sales, though is down 18.5% when compared to the same week last year. Sales totals for the year are down 14.6% compared to the same sum last year.
News From Our Partners
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!