Jimmy Page plots 2010 tour, Show of Peace concert in China
What's Robert Plant up to?
Jimmy Page is planning on performing loads of new solo material during a 2010 tour. The legendary guitarist told Sky News that he's been hoping to put forth his music since his former band Led Zeppelin reunited for a one-off show at London's O2 arena two years ago -- and Zep singer Robert Plant nixed the idea of a full reunion tour.
"We're running up to Christmas now and next year I have every intention of playing music live and manifesting it," Page said. "I've got the music waiting, and that's what i'll be doing. It's been two years since the O2, so it's time to do that."
A representative for the Show of Peace concert event, to be held in Beijing, China on April 17, confirmed too that Jimmy Page will be performing. No other artists have been confirmed yet, though Billboard is reporting that other artists like Black Eyed Peas, Prince, Green Day and Beyonce have been "invited."
Show of Peace is a 30th anniversary celebration of a cultural agreement between the U.S. and China, plus a environmental awareness event. More info on Show of Peace can be found via its website.
As previously reported, Page debuted some of his solo material in the guitar documentary "It Might Get Loud," which also featured axemen the Edge and Jack White. The film was released earlier this year and will be released on Blu-ray and DVD on Dec. 22.
What's the rest of the Led Zep crew up to? John Paul Jones has been running around with Them Crooked Vultures alongside Josh Homme and Dave Grohl. Robert Plant and Alison Krauss are planning another duet record as a follow-up to 2008's "Raising Sand," according to several reports... but if that's the truth, then "Sand" producer T Bone Burnett doesn't know anything of it.
In an interview earlier this week, the Golden Globes nominated engineer said "I don't know what's happening with that," in reference to the project. Burnett, however, has been hard at work on new records for Willie Nelson, Jakob Dylan, Jon Mellencamp, Leon Russell and Ryan Bingham. "It's been a busy year."
Rounder Records, hope to Krauss and Plant's album, had not returned HitFix's request for comment on the sophomore set by press time.
News From Our Partners
- Crosstalk: A fan and a newbie catch up on the first season of The Venture Bros. AVQ&A: What are your favorite and least favorite cultural baits and switches? Podmass: The Dice Man infiltrates podcasting, Casey Wilson chokes up on The JV Club, and Kumail vs. Maron
- Mariah Carey Medleys, Jennifer Lopez Lives It Up With Pitbull on 'American Idol' Finale [Videos] Candice Glover Wins 'American Idol' Season 12 Beyonce Gets Emotional Onstage in Belgium [Video]
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'The Office' Series Finale Review: "Finale" 'Anger Management' Review: "Charlie and the Break-Up Coach" 'Hannibal' Review: "Fromage"
- Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? 'The Office' Finale: Michael Scott's Surprise Appearance And Your New 'American Idol' Is ...
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!