Jim Jarmusch set to curate All Tomorrow's Parties New York music festival weekend
Three-day weekend includes Sonic Youth, The Stooges
While "The Simpsons" creator Matt Groening is curating a day at the All Tomorrow's Parties festival over in the U.K., director Jim Jarmusch score the honor for the New York version this September.
The "Coffee & Cigarettes" and "Down By Law" filmmaker and writer is in charge of Sunday, Sept. 5 of the three-day music festival, which will be held at Kutsher's Country Club in Monticello, N.Y., starting Sept. 3. He's confirmed his first round of artists, including The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Raekwon, Girls, F*cked Up, Wooden Ships, The Black Angels and Vivian Girls. Garage-alicious!
Other confirmed act for the weekend are Sonic Youth, Explosions in the Sky, The Breeders, F*ck Buttons, The Books, Papa M and Apse. For its Friday, "Don't Look Back" play-an-album day, Iggy & the Stooges will perform "Raw Power," Sleep will tackle "Holy Mountain," Mudhoney get "Superfuzz Bigmuff + Early Singles" and The Scientists play "Blood Red River." For the latter, it will be their first U.S. show ever.
Details of performers for the Comedy Stage have yet to be announced.
Jarmusch has popularly used musicians as actors in his films before, like Tom Waits, Courtney Love, John Lurie, RZA, Jack and Meg White and Iggy Pop. Since the the weekend hasn't been finalized yet, with more artists to add, perhaps he could consider one of those?
Tickets for day and weekend passes, on-site accomodations and bus tickets are up now at atpfestival.com.
News From Our Partners
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas