Jesse McCartney, Jonathan Sadowski facing ghosts in FilmNation thriller
Untitled film being produced by 'Paranormal Activity' vet Oren Peli
Former teen idol Jesse McCartney and "Sh*t My Dad Says" co-star Jonathan Sadowski will battle radioactive ghosts in FilmNation Entertainment’s Untitled Oren Peli Project.
The film centers on a group of friends who are stranded in a desolate city that was abandoned years before, after a nuclear disaster unleashed poisonous radiation into the eco-system. This being a movie, it appears that they aren't alone, as confirmed by the inhuman ghostly cries that they hear at night.
McCartney and Sadowski lead the ensemble cast, which also includes Devin Kelley, Olivia Taylor Dudley, Nathan Phillips, Ingrid Bolso Berdal and Dimitri Diatchenko.
The thriller is based on a story by Oren Peli (the director of "Paranormal Activity" and producer of "Insidious") who is also producing, along with Brian Witten ("Dark City" "Final Destination"). Brad Parker is directing.
"I love my job. I get to work with a talented director like Brad on the kind of scary movie I know I’d happily stand in line to see," said Peli in a statement.
"I really couldn’t be happier with our cast," echoed Witten. "We've brought together a group of fresh, talented young actors and they're all getting ready to give us nightmares! In the best possible way!"
FilmNation Entertainment’s Glen Basner added, "We looked at a lot of projects to find FilmNation's first fully-financed movie, there were plenty of possibilities. When we were presented with the brilliant concept of this film, coupled with Oren's pedigree it made the decision very easy."
The film started principal photography in Eastern Europe earlier this week.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures