Jason Segel and Ed Helms smoking dope in 'Jeff Who Lives at Home'
New stoner comedy from the Duplass brothers starts shooting next month
During January's Sundance Film Festival, Mark and Jay Duplass were basking in the acclaim for their new dramedy "Cyrus," but they were also in the midst of planning their next mumblecore themed flick. The brothers wouldn't reveal to HitFix what big names would join the comedy at the time, but with production ready to begin next month in Louisiana the cat is finally out of the bag.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jason Segel and Ed Helms will star in "Jeff Who Lives at Home" which will be written and directed by the Duplass brothers. Jason Reitman and John Malkovich will produce their respective production companies.
Described as a stoner comedy, the film will center on one day in the lives of two brothers played by Segel and Helms. The first is a loser who still lives at home (Segel) and the other is a bit more together, but overbearing (Helms). The pivotal role of their mother is still being cast, but Judy Greer may join the ensemble as Helm's spouse.
Both men will fit the comedy into their hiatuses for "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Office" which have already been renewed for next season. Segel will also find time to appear opposite Justin Timberlake and Cameron Diaz in the dark comedy "Bad Teacher." Helms just wrapped Fox Searchlight's "Cedar Rapids," but may is expected to fit in the Universal comedy "Central Intelligence" this summer as well.
The Duplass brothers first gained attention for 2005's "The Puffy Chair," but also directed the acclaimed horror-comedy "Baghead." Mark Duplass is also recognizable from his on screen roles in FX's "The League" and the indie "Humpday."
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)