Jackie Earle Haley says no funny stuff in new 'A Nightmare on Elm Street'
Watch the new trailer for what should be another spring blockbuster
Anyone expecting any winks or a nod to the campier Freddy Krueger created by Robert Englund may be a bit disappointed when the rebooted "A Nightmare on Elm Street" hits theaters later this month.
Speaking to HitFix at San Francisco's WonderCon this past weekend, Jackie Earle Haley reiterrated that his interpretation of the character is much more serious than his predecessors. So jokes will be at a minimum. Scares? Much more likely and judging by the reaction to the previews for the new "Nightmare" so far, that's what moviegoers are digging. In fact, it might have a massive opening without being in 3-D. Who knew?
Warner Bros. released an updated trailer for "Nightmare" alongside "Clash of the Titans" on Friday with new imagery and scenes from the film. You can watch it embedded within this story or for a larger version, click here.
"A Nightmare on Elm Street" opens nationwide on April 30.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn