Jack Sparrow is going 3-D for 'Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides"
Move is a no brainer after Disney's massive grosses for "Alice in Wonderland"
Hollywood is going gaga for 3-D these days after the lucrative successes of "Avatar," "Clash of the Titans," "Alice in Wonderland" and "How to Train Your Dragon." It's no surprise then, that Walt Disney Studios has decided to release next summer's "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" in the format as well.
The studio has not disclosed whether the Rob Marshall directed adventure will be shot with 3-D cameras or go through a 2-D conversion process, but we'd be stunned if producer Jerry Bruckheimer didn't insist on the higher end option.
Described as a journey in search of the fountain of youth, the fourth installment of the "Pirates" franchise features the return of Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, but is surrounding him with new faces such as Penelope Cruz and Ian McShaine.
Production is expected to begin next month in Hawaii.
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" will hit theaters on June 30, 2011.
News From Our Partners
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead