Is Mark Ruffalo appearing with 'The Avengers' or not?
Plus: Reports Angelina Jolie will be at Comic-Con
Is Mark Ruffalo having second thoughts? After two reports from Deadline and E!Online seemed to confirm that the "Kids Are All Right" star was in negotiations to replace Edward Norton as Bruce Banner in "The Avengers," sources close to Ruffalo have told Variety that's not the case. At least, not yet.
According to the trade, neither side have talked contract whatsoever making most of this Ruffalo would replace Edward Norton in what became a contentious break up which was reported on HitFix this past weekend.
Marvel had been planning to introduce the entire cast of the Joss Whedon directed ensemble at Comic-Con next week, but the Norton decision put that debut on hold. It's unclear whether Ruffalo or any other actors will be able to come on board before
In other news, after Sony Pictures announced that the new thriller "Salt" would be part of their Thursday Comic-Con presentation, it was easy to speculate star Angelina Jolie would return to San Diego's Hall H. Heat Vision says it's happening even if Sony Pictures won't comment. The bigger question is whether Jolie's life partner, Brad Pitt, will appear at the "Megamind" panel earlier in the day. Usually, the duo's kids get family time with the other parent when one is working. Perhaps Shiloh and the gang will just enjoy the show backstage?
Look for continuing coverage of Comic-Con before and during next week's pop culture extravaganza on HitFix.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later