Is Mark Ruffalo having second thoughts?  After two reports from Deadline and E!Online seemed to confirm that the "Kids Are All Right" star was in negotiations to replace Edward Norton as Bruce Banner in "The Avengers," sources close to Ruffalo have told Variety that's not the case.  At least, not yet.

According to the trade, neither side have talked contract whatsoever making most of this Ruffalo would replace Edward Norton in what became a contentious break up which was reported on HitFix this past weekend.

Marvel had been planning to introduce the entire cast of the Joss Whedon directed ensemble at Comic-Con next week, but the Norton decision put that debut on hold.  It's unclear whether Ruffalo or any other actors will be able to come on board before

In other news, after Sony Pictures announced that the new thriller "Salt" would be part of their Thursday Comic-Con presentation, it was easy to speculate star Angelina Jolie would return to San Diego's Hall H.  Heat Vision says it's happening even if Sony Pictures won't comment.  The bigger question is whether Jolie's life partner, Brad Pitt, will appear at the "Megamind" panel earlier in the day.  Usually, the duo's kids get family time with the other parent when one is working.  Perhaps Shiloh and the gang will just enjoy the show backstage?

Look for continuing coverage of Comic-Con before and during next week's pop culture extravaganza on HitFix.