Vanessa Hudgens auditions for role in 'Twilight' sequel 'New Moon'
Update: Taylor Lautner working out to meet demands of Jacob
Relayed by franchise cast member Ashley Green at an ever reliable Golden Globes after party, word is that Hudgens would play werewolf Leah Clearwater, a member of Jacob Black's werewolf tribe. The "New Moon" casting news is coming fast and furious thess days as Taylor Lautner was recently confirmed as returning to the franchise after rumors his petite frame wasn't adequate enough for the role.
In Stephanie Meyer's novels, Clearwater is friend's with Black, but unlike MTV's mistaken insinuation, her heart is broken by Sam, "the alpha wolf" of the bunch, not Black.
Hudgens, who made her name in the "High School Musical Franchise" and walking the red carpet with her boyfriend Zac Efron, would bring more star and publicity power to a sequel which is already setting up to be one of the biggest films of the second half of the year. Interestingly, Summit Entertainment knows Hudgens well as she's starring in the company's teen rock flick "Bandslam" opening in theaters this July.
Update: Taylor Lautner spoke to Access Hollywood about his workout regimen to get in shape for the sequel. Needless to say, he's been training hard. Check out the video below for more.
"New Moon" is expected to go into production this March in order to make a Nov. 20 release.
News From Our Partners
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)