'How I Met Your Mother' gets an early renewal
CBS' Monday night comedy has been picked up for a sixth season
Network sources confirm that "How I Met Your Mother" has been picked up for a sixth season, avoiding the kind of late-renewal tensions the critically adored comedy faced in its early years and giving the show's creative team at least one additional year to avoid introducing us to eponymous mother.
"How I Met Your Mother" has been a steady performer for CBS in the Monday 8 p.m. slot, delivering strong 18-49 numbers and keeping CBS competitive in one of TV's tougher time periods. The comedy celebrated its 100th episode earlier this month.
In addition, "How I Met Your Mother" earned its first Outstanding Comedy Series Emmy nomination this past fall.
The comedy, created by Carter Bays and Craig Thomas, has also seen its profile elevated by the burgeoning careers of its stars. In addition to the ubiquitous Neil Patrick Harris and "I Love You, Man" and "Forgetting Star Marshall" lead Jason Segel, "HIMYM" will likely get a boost from star Josh Radnor, whose feature writing-directing debut has been one of the buzzed about titles at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama