Heather Locklear books 'Melrose Place' return
Amanda Woodward is coming to The CW in November
The CW proudly announced Locklear's return on Tuesday (Sept. 22) morning with a press release titled "The Bitch Is Back" and promising a Tuesday, Nov. 17 reintroduction of the beloved character.
"We're ecstatic to have the chance to bring Amanda Woodward back to 'Melrose Place,'" say executive producers Todd Slavkin & Darren Swimmer. "Heather's involvement in the show is something we've been working on for some time as we couldn't imagine creating and producing this show without the iconic character’s inclusion."
Locklear joined the original "Melrose Place" at the end of its first season and she's generally credited with helping to transform a limp, tepid "Beverly Hills 90210" spinoff into TV's most buzzworthy primetime soap. She spent the rest of the show's run credit as a "special guest star."
The CW assures HitFix that Locklear will, once again, be listed as "special guest star" in her new "Melrose Place" run, saying only that she's set for multiple episodes.
Her arrival can't come soon enough for The CW's "Melrose Place," which drew only 1.8 million viewers in its second week. The netlet is boasting that "Melrose Place 2.0" has improved on last year's time period performance from "Privileged" in the desired demos, but "Privileged" is no longer with us, so that's not the most giddy of comparisons.
Other original "Melrose Place" denizens dropping in for the reboot include Laura Leighton, Thomas Calabro, Josie Bisset and Daphne Zuniga.
Locklear, who earned four Golden Globe nominations for her work on "Melrose Place," has most recently been seen on episodes of "Hannah Montana," "Rules of Engagement" and "Boston Legal."
News From Our Partners
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Carly Rae Jepsen's 'Call Me Maybe' Captures Top Digital Song Honor at 2013 Billboard Music Awards Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Win Best Rap Song for 'Thrift Shop' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards 2013 Billboard Music Awards Gets a Tour From Taylor Swift's '22′ Performance [Video]
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- A Final 'Office' Farewell Stefon Marries Anderson Cooper In Final Show Creed Bratton: Closing Creed Thoughts
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- 'Doctor Who' Season 8 Confirmed, Steven Moffat to Return The Wrap Up: Behind-the-Scenes Image from 'Godzilla' Shows a Train in Peril Batman: Arkham Origins Will See the Return of Kevin Conroy