HBO retains interest in 'Bored to Death'
Jason Schwartzman, Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis star in the quirky comedy
The pickup, confirmed by HBO on Tuesday (Oct. 6) evening, comes just days after "Bored to Death" set series ratings highs, following the heavily promoted "Seinfeld" reunion episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm." The show's third episode pulled in 1.1 million viewers on Sunday (Oct. 4), up 51 percent from last week.
The trade paper reports that the series, which received mixed reviews (but a very positive notice from HitFix), has drawn an estimated 4.1 million viewers for its pilot over various repeat airings.
It may, however, just be that HBO wants to continue to do business with "Bored to Death" star Jason Schwartzman, who plays a motivationally challenged writer-turned-gumshoe, as well as supporting players Ted Danson and Zach Galifianakis.
"Bored to Death" joins fellow 2009 HBO comedy freshmen "Eastbound & Down" and "Hung" in securing second seasons.
News From Our Partners
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?