Has Michael Bay found his follow up to 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen'?
'Smallville' creators tapped to adapt 'I Am Number 4' for DreamWorks
Michael Bay hasn't given many details on his plans now that his blockbuster "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" has massively outgrossed its predecessor except that he intends to take a break before tackling a third "Transformers" flick. An interm project may now be in his sights. Today, Variety revealed DreamWorks has tapped "Smallville" creators Al Gough and Miles Millar to adapt the novel "I Am Number 4" for Bay to produce and possibly direct.
Written by James Frey (yes the controversial "A Million Little Pieces" author) and Jobie Hughes, the book follows nine aliens who escape to Earth disguised as teenagers after their planet is destroyed. The title character soon discovers he and his friends are still being hunted by the enemy that destroyed their world. And yes, it has a lot of parallels to "Race to Witch Mountain."
Besides "Smallville," Gough and Millar worked on "Spider-Man 2" and "The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor." As producers their credits include "Hannah Montana: The Movie" and the upcoming "Quartermain" for DreamWorks.
While a number of DreamWorks projects are still based at the company's former home at Paramount, its believed "Number 4" would be released through their new agreement at the Walt Disney Company.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama