Two members of Panic At The Disco quit the band
Right in time for that Blink-182 tour, guys
Panic At The Disco has splintered, with two of its four members -- including its lead songwriter -- departing to start a new project.
Guitarist and principal songwriter Ryan Ross and bassist Jon Walker announced on the band's website that "though the four of us have made music together in the past, we've creatively evolved in different directions, which has compromised what each of us want to personally achieve."
Ross and Walker went on to say that updates on their new, unnamed project will be posted to the PATD site and that "All touring and album plans for Panic will continue as previously announced."
That means singer Brendon Urie and drummer Spencer Smith will stay the course and open for Blink-182 for their pre-appointed dates. The band was head-deep into recording its third full-length and an appropriately titled single "New Perspective" was due for promotion in mid-August.
"We know everybody has a lot of questions at this point with everything being so out of the blue, most of those should be answered in the coming weeks," said Urie and Smith in a separate statement. "Pay attention, we have a surprise in store for you... we were cleaning out the practice space and you'll never guess what we found!"
Perhaps the exclamation point that used to be in their name?
The band recently released a "Live In Chicago" DVD exclusively to Target. Below is a video from that release, "Nine In The Afternoon," for which we have a serious soft spot.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'