Gwyneth Paltrow making live country music debut at CMA Awards next month
Actress singing title track from new movie 'Country Strong' with Vince Gill
Actress Gwyneth Paltrow will be taking the stage at next month's Country Music Association Awards — as a performer.
She'll sing the title track of her new movie, "Country Strong," and will be joined by Vince Gill.
Paltrow stars in the film with Tim McGraw, Garrett Hedlund and Leighton Meester. She plays a washed up country singer who gets romantically involved with a rising singer-songwriter (Hedlund). They try to resurrect her career with a major tour, headed up by her husband/manager (McGraw) and featuring a beauty-queen-turned-singer (Meester.)
Paltrow says she researched a lot of country music history for this role.
"I sort of started at the beginning with Hank (Williams) Sr. and Johnny Cash and really studied Dolly (Parton) and Loretta Lynn, and kind of just started at the beginning and went all the way through and found the people that I really love and who inspired me," she told The Associated Press in a recent interview.
In addition to classic country stars, Paltrow also has some current country music favorites.
"I really like a lot of the young women in country right now, like Ashley Monroe and Miranda Lambert," she said. "I had never really known very much about country music, and I now am very into it. I know a lot more about it than I did."
The film hits theaters in Los Angeles and Nashville on Dec. 22 and nationwide on Jan. 7. The soundtrack will be released Oct. 26.
Previously announced performers for the CMA Awards include Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts, Reba McEntire, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, and Keith Urban. Zac Brown Band and Alan Jackson will perform together, and Miranda Lambert and Sheryl Crow will sing a duet to honor Loretta Lynn's 50th anniversary as a recording artist.
The CMA Awards will air live from Nashville's Bridgestone Arena Nov. 10 on ABC.
Copyright (2010) Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
News From Our Partners
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!