Gus Van Sant's 'Restless' will be released by Sony Pictures Classics
Ron Howard-produced drama stars 'Alice in Wonderland's' Mia Wasikowska
"Restless," the latest film from director Gus Van Sant ("Milk," "Good Will Hunting") will be released by Sony Pictures Classics.
The low-budget drama stars Henry Hopper, Mia Wasikowska (Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"), Ryo Kase ("Letters From Iwo Jima"), Schuyler Fisk ("Orange County"), Jane Adams ("Happiness") and Luisa Strus.
"Restless," written by Jason Lew, was produced by Bryce Dallas Howard, Brian Grazer and Ron Howard for Imagine Entertainment and Columbia Pictures.
"Having known and admired Gus’ work for years, we are so pleased to be releasing his newest film, which to our mind, is one of his very best," states Sony Pictures Classics in a press release. "We are also thrilled to be working with producer Bryce Howard and the impressive team at Imagine."
"Restless" is coming of age tale that revolves around the relationship between two outsiders, whose chance meeting allows their newfound friendship to blossom into something else.
Wasikowska can currently be seen in "Jane Eyre," and has a number of high-profile films coming out soon, including "Stainless Steel " (co-written by Judd Apatow) and "A View From the Bridge," with Sam Neill and Vera Farmiga.
"Restless" is aiming for a fall 2011 release.
News From Our Partners
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline