'Glee' tops Billboard 200 at No. 1 with 'Showstoppers'
Rolling Stones > Black Keys > Nas + Damian Marley > Band of Horses > LCD Soundsystem
The "Glee" cast's "The Power of Madonna" EP released earlier this year was the other No. 1, with 98,000 in its first frame. Another EP, titled "Journey to Regionals" will be out June 8. You can guess the theme of that one.
The Rolling Stones' "Exile on Main St." re-enters the chart at No. 2 with 76,000, with the help of a much bally-hooed reissue campaign. One deluxe version, for instance, included 10 bonus tracks of material never-before-heard.
"Exile" spent four weeks at the summit when it was first released in 1972.
The Black Keys score their biggest chart and sales week with "Brothers," starting at No. 3 with 73,000. Previous highs were with 2008's "Attack and Release" which peaked at No. 14 with 29,000.
Even with a 3% increase, Justin Bieber's "My World 2.0" slips No. 1 to No. 4 with 62,000.
Lady Antebellum's "Need You Now" falls No. 2 to No. 6 (46,000, -15%).
Band of Horses' "Infinite Arms" had sales of 45,000, good enough for a No. 7 start, bests for both a charting and sales week.
Usher's "Raymond v. Raymond" slips No. 7 to No. 8 (41,000, -6%) while AC/DC's "Iron Man 2" soundtrack goes from No. 4 to No. 9 (32,000, -33%).
LCD Soundsystem's "This Is Happening" happens at No. 10 with 31,000, also James Murphy's best charting and sales week bests.
Sales are down 1% compared to last week's abysmal chart and up compared to the same week last year.
News From Our Partners
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Supernatural Season 8 Finale Review: It's Raining Angels Watch an Extended Trailer for CBS's Under the Dome (VIDEO)
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock