Geoffrey Rush joins the Green Lantern Corps as Tomar-Re
Oscar winner will have a busy summer
Not content just to return this summer in the ever popular "Pirates of the Caribbean" franchise, Oscar winner Geoffrey Rush is now set to lend his voice to another potential movie series, "Green Lantern."
As confirmed by DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer and comic book series author Geoff Johns via twitter, Rush will voice the CG-created body of Tomar-Re. One of the more popular members of the Green Lantern Corps, Re is one of the first Green Lanterns to meet Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) and help him learn how to use his new power. It's worth noting that in the comic books, Re was also the Lantern who tried to stop Krypton from exploding, but was hindered by an accident as he was en route to the unstable planet.
Rush recently received his third Academy Award nomination for his acclaimed performance in "The King's Speech." He'll be seen next reprising his role as Captain Barbossa in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" this May.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
"Green Lantern" opens nationwide in 3-D and IMAX on June 17.
Look for coverage of the "Lantern" panel Friday from WonderCon on HitFix.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?