Garth Brooks, Leon Russell being added to Songwriters Hall of Fame
Allen Toussaint, Madonna songwriters to be inducted June 16
NEW YORK (AP) — Garth Brooks is being immortalized for his songwriting skills.
The country superstar is one of five acts to be inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame on June 16. The announcement was made Tuesday by the group's chairman, Jimmy Webb. He says the songwriters have "forever enriched our world's music."
Leon Russell is also part of the inductee class, making it the second hall of fame honor for him this year; next month, he'll be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Fellow piano man Allen Toussaint (TOO'-sint) will be inducted as well, along with John Bettis, who wrote "Human Nature" and "Crazy for You," and the team of Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly, who wrote songs including "Like A Virgin" and "True Colors."
News From Our Partners
- Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video] Oreo 'Wonderfilled' Ad – What's the Song?
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console