'Friday Night Lights' star Taylor Kitsch in talks to star in 'Savages'
Aaron Johnson also circling Oliver Stone drug cartel movie
"Friday Night Lights" star Taylor Kitsch is in talks to co-star in Oliver Stone's upcoming drug-related drama "Savages," reports Deadline.com.
Kitsch would play one of a pair of low-level pot dealers ("Kick-Ass" star Aaron Johnson is in the running to play the other) who get mixed up with a dangerous Mexican cartel after their close friend O is kidnapped.
Kitsch played Cajun card-slinger Gambit in "Wolverine," with Hugh Jackman, and will soon be seen in Disney's sci-fier "John Carter of Mars."
On the female side of things, Stone has his eye on Salma Hayek to play the fierce godmother of the cartel. Jennifer Lawrence was an early choice for the leading female role of O, but with "Hunger Games" gearing up, she'll have to pass. Stone is reportedly looking at other possibilities for the character, including Olivia Wilde ("TRON: Legacy").
Stone is also rewriting the script written by Shane Salerno and Don Winslow, adapted from the latter's novel.
Meanwhile, "Savages" is close to landing a distribution deal, with Universal a likely candidate.
News From Our Partners
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season