New 'Ice Age', 'Charlie Brown' animated specials to air on FOX Thanksgiving Day
To be followed by a re-airing of last year's "Simpsons" holiday special
In a ploy to create a pair of new animated TV classics this season, FOX has announced they're premiering two never-before-aired specials on Thanksgiving - "Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas" and "Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown".
The first, a spin-off of Fox's massively-popular "Ice Age" franchise, sees Sid (John Leguizamo), Crash (Seann William Scott), Eddie (Josh Peck) and Peaches (Ciara Bravo) setting off for the North Pole to find Santa Claus after Manny (Ray Romano) convinces Sid he's been put on Santa's "naughty" list.
Hoping to get back on the jolly old elf's good side, Sid and his friends accidentally destroy Santa's Workshop instead - and must pull off a miracle to make sure all the toys are delivered in time for Christmas morning. Meanwhile, Manny and Ellie (Queen Latifah), worried about their daughter Peaches' safety, enlist Diego (Denis Leary) to help track her down.
"Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown" (which, oddly enough, is not holiday-themed) ranks as the 45th "Peanuts" TV special to be produced, this time focusing on Linus (Austin Lux) grappling with the decision of whether or not to get rid of his trusted blue security blanket leading up to a visit from his grandmother. On hand to help him come to grips with the difficult choice are friends Charlie Brown (Trenton Rogers), Lucy (Grace Rolek), and dog Snoopy.
It should be noted that "Happiness is a Warm Blanket" has been available on DVD since March, though this will be its first television airing. The special features an original score by Devo frontman Mark Mothersbaugh, whose previous credits as a prolific film and TV composer include "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs", "Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist" and "Big Love".
"Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas" airs from 8-8:30 on Thanksgiving night, followed by "Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown" from 8:30-9:30. A repeat of last year's holiday-themed "Simpsons" episode "The Fight Before Christmas" will follow at 9:30.
News From Our Partners
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds