FOX sets premiere, opens casting for 'More to Love'
The network also pushes back the premiere of 'Mental'
FOX has set a July premiere for the new plus-sized dating show "More to Love" and announced open casting for the new series.
The network announced on Monday (April 6) that "More to Love" will premiere on Tuesday, July 28 in the 9 p.m. ET hour. As always with FOX, premiere dates are subject to change, especially in this case, where stars of the show are yet to be found.
"More to Love" is produced by Mike Fleiss ("Are You Hot?") and follows a "husky hunk," who romances a number of "confident and secure plus-size women."
Interested singles are invited to head over the the casting website at MoretoLoveCasting.com, where we learn that the show's tag line will be "Real women. Real sizes. Real love." Perhaps because going through the casting process is no guarantee of either making it on the show or finding love, the site has a prominent ad for a Big & Beautiful singles dating site.
The website asks questions like "What does the phrase 'real woman' mean to you?" and "Has your weight ever become an issue in a past relationship?" and "How do you feel about the entertainment industry's standard of beauty?"
There were also be open casting calls at Lane Bryant stores across the country in cities like Philadelphia, Dallas, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami. A complete list of cities is available on the casting website.
Remember how we said that with FOX, all premiere dates are subject to change? We weren't kidding. Slipped in at the bottom of the "More to Love" release is the entirely unrelated information that the new internationally produced medical drama "Mental" has moved its premiere date to Friday, May 29, pushed back by a week. "Don't Forget the Lyrics" will still have its scheduled summer return on May 22.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra