FOX babies 'My Name Is Earl' creator
Greg Garcia is writing a comedy pilot for FOX and 20th Century Fox TV
"My Name Is Earl" creator Greg Garcia has reportedly landed a put pilot commitment from FOX.
According to Variety, Garcia is writing a half-hour comedy pilot focusing on a 25-year-old man who finds himself raising an infant, the product of a one-night stand with a woman on death row for murder.
Presumably she wasn't on death row for murder when the child was conceived, though that's the sort of detail that can be smoothed out in the pilot itself. In any case, the guy has to be a father while also dealing with his own crazy parents.
The comedy is set up through 20th Century Fox TV, where Garcia has an overall deal.
The project would also reunite Garcia with Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly, who was NBC Entertainment President Kevin Reilly back when "My Name Is Earl" was in development.
Garcia won an Emmy in 2006 for writing the "My Name Is Earl" pilot. NBC cancelled the show this spring after four seasons and several fleeting attempts to bring "Earl" to a new network home fell through.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go?
- fun. Hit the Jersey Shore for 2013 'TODAY Show' Summer Concert Series Jennifer Hudson Reportedly Confirmed as 'American Idol' Judge Meet the Woman Who Won PopCrush's Autographed Pink Guitar!
- Why He Fell Asleep During That Interview Alex Trebek Has Gone Completely Insane Arrested Development Could Really Teach Politicians A Thing Or Two
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- EA Teases Possible Star Wars: Battlefront Return Tom Cruise Leaves 'Man From U.N.C.L.E.' to Focus on 'Mission: Impossible 5′ Black Ops 2 Revolution DLC Free This Weekend
- 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In! 'Return Of The Jedi' Turns 30: Secrets Of Ewok Language Revealed! 'Fast & Furious 6' Expected To Lap 'Hangover III' At Box Office
- "Fast & Furious 6" vs. "The Hangover: Part III": Which Movie Should You See? (VIDEO) 'Fast and Furious 6' Review: 10 Things You Should Know About the Action-Packed Sequel 'After Earth' Unscripted: Will and Jaden Smith on Filming With Deadly Snakes & On-Set Parenting (VIDEO)