First Look: Sam Worthington walks the line on new 'Man on a Ledge' poster
'Avatar' actor stars alongside Jamie Bell, Ed Harris, Elizabeth Banks
In the tradition of such spacially-limited films as Hitchcock's "Lifeboat," the Colin Farrel thriller "Phone Booth" and last year's Ryan Reynolds starrer "Buried," comes "Man on a Ledge," which takes place mostly where you'd imagine it would. The brand new poster (below) appears to sum up the film.
Sam Worthington ("Avatar," "Terminator: Salvation") plays an ex-cop-turned-fugitive who attempts suicide by walking out of a high-rise window. Elizabeth Banks plays the police negotiator who slowly starts to suspect that the jumper is actually just a distraction for a crime being committed somewhere across town.
The busy Worthington, currently co-starring in "The Debt," appears in the film alongside Banks (who will soon be seen in "Hunger Games"), Jamie Bell ("King Kong"), Ed Harris ("Pollack"), Anthony Mackie ("The Hurt Locker"), Genesis Rodriguez, Kyra Sedgwick ("The Closer") and Ed Burns ("27 Dresses").
The film marks the directorial debut of Lars von Trier collaborator Asger Leth ("Ghosts of Cite Soleil"). The two worked together on the documentary "The Five Obstructions," about Asger's director father, Jorgen Leth.
"Man on a Ledge" opens nationwide January 13, 2012.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- 'Metallica Through the Never' Trailer: Angry Mobs and "Master of Puppets" 'Timecop' Being Remade, As All Movies Eventually Must 'We're The Millers' Red Band NSFW Trailer: Jennifer Aniston and Jason Sudeikis Smuggle Drugs
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly