First look: Robert Pattinson surrounds himself with lovely ladies on 'Bel Ami' poster
'Twilight' star is joined by Christina Ricci, Uma Thurman and Kristin Scott Thomas
Don't tell Bella, but it looks like Edward is on the prowl. The brand new poster for the upcoming "Bel Ami" shows the "Twilight" hunk in the company of a bevy of Hollywood beauties, namely Uma Thurman, Christina Ricci and Kristin Scott Thomas.
"Bel Ami," based on Guy de Maupassant's 1885 novel, centers on Georges Duroy (Pattinson), a broke ladies' man who uses his charm to manipulate various wealthy women as a way to gain political power in 19th century Paris.
Those lucky women are played by "Kill Bill" heroine Thurman, Ricci (the unofficially canceled "Pan Am") and Oscar nominee Thomas ("The English Patient," "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen").
As for the poster itself, it's a rather simple design that seems to rely almost solely on Pattinson's steely gaze. It looks a little on the cheap side and is airbrushed to death, but should attract both fans of Pattinson and period romances in general.
Take a look here:
Colm Meaney also appears in the film co-directed by renowned theater vets Declan Donnellan and Nick Ormerod.
Pattinson, recently seen seducing Reese Witherspoon in "Water For Elephants," will appear in David Cronenberg's "Cosmopolis," before reprising his signature role as the hunky vampire Edward Cullen one last time in this fall's "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part II."
"Bel Ami" opens in the U.S. on June 8.
What do you think of RPatz's latest look?
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
2 months ago
4 months ago
|Discuss Movies General on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart