First Look: Jeremy Renner ready for action in 'Bourne Legacy' trailer and poster
Will you miss Matt Damon as the franchise's top spy?
- Critic's Rating A-
- Readers' Rating n/a
Matt Damon who? With the following trailer and poster for "The Bourne Legacy," franchise newbie Jeremy Renner should be putting to rest any questions about being able to fill the very capable shoes of the former "Bourne" series star.
"Bourne" trilogy writer Tony Gilroy acted as writer and director of the latest chapter in the $1 billion franchise, which focuses on a new spy hero (Renner) whose situation was initiated by events that took place in the first three films. It's based on a book by Eric Van Lustbader, inspired by Robert Ludlum's original "Bourne" series.
The trailer starts with a very battered-looking Renner being interviewed, and agreeing to sign up for a secretive covert program. He then gets to kick some ass in various locales, including a very cool-looking winter setting. After intense Oscar-nominated performances in "Hurt Locker" and "The Town," Renner played second fiddle to Tom Cruise in "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol," and will be fourth or fifth fiddle in "The Avengers" this May. "Bourne Legacy" will see whether or not he can carry an mega-sized action film on his own. I'm betting the answer will be a resounding "yes."
It also stars newcomers Edward Norton, Oscar Issac and Rachel Weisz, while Joan Allen and Albert Finney reprise their shadowy roles from the Damon films.
Watch the trailer here:
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
15 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod