Fall Out Boy, Anthrax, Every Time I Die members form metal band
What is Patrick Stump going to do?
Fall Out Boy is on an indefinite hiatus, so at least two members are going to be taking time making music somewhere else. Andy Hurley and Joe Trohman plus four other musicians from Every Time I Die and Anthrax have formed a new metal supergroup, dubbed The Damned Things.
Scott Ian and Rob Caggiano of Anthrax and Keith Buckley and David Karon from Every Time I Die round out the crew, who has apparently written at least 15 songs for an album. According to RockSound.tv, Ian says that the resulting sound resembles “Kyuss meeting Thin Lizzy.”
“It’s super fun and it’s something that we do totally take seriously because we love the music we’ve created. People think of Fall Out Boy and they think of [bassist] Pete Wentz and [singer] Patrick [Stump]," Ian continued. "These two guys, man, they’re f**king hardcore dudes. Joe writes some amazing riffs. We have this song called ‘A Great Reckoning’ that I swear to God, this song could be on any Thin Lizzy record. He f**king blew my mind with this song and I just can’t wait for people to hear it.”
So far, there's a lot of nothing on The Damned Things' MySpace page. But that's OK, too. Maybe Them Crooked Vultures could give them some supergroup advice?
Pete Wentz told HitFix this month that he's looking forward to the release of FOB's greatest hits set, is still running his label Fueled By Ramen despite it being an overglorified babysitting position and is raising an actual baby with wife Ashlee Simpson-Wentz.
What of Patrick Stump, then? Some rumblings we've heard are pointing toward a non-music related project. We'll let you know when we know.
News From Our Partners
- Listen to Selena Gomez's 'Come & Get It' Remixes Katy Perry vs. Rita Ora vs. Beyonce vs. Kesha vs. Demi Lovato – Who Wore It Best? Chris Brown Launches New 'Channel' Website, Gets More Personal Than Ever
- Ilana Rapp: Actor Richard Harmon From Bates Motel and Continuum Talks about SpongeBob Squarepants and Yoga 'The Last Classic TV Comedy'? 'Biggest Loser' Host: 'I've Never Seen Jillian Eat A Cupcake'
- 'Zombieland' TV Series: Amazon Passes on the Pilot 'How I Met Your Mother' Final Season Spoilers: Producers Explain Time-Turning Format Change 'The Hangover Part 3′ Red-Band NSFW Trailer: It's Time to End the Trilogy
- The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed
- 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now! 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Reviews Are In! Emma Watson In 'The Bling Ring': The Early Reviews Are In!
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day One: Sofia Coppola offers the first misfire of the festival Hear This: A song with a long title succinctly encapsulates ’90s power-pop Watch This: Laura Palmer lives—however briefly—in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me
- 'Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon II': The Oscar-Winning Movie is Getting a Sequel 'The Bling Ring' Cannes Premiere: Emma Watson Steals the Show (PHOTOS) Why Brad Bird Turned Down 'Star Wars: Episode VII'; Talks 'Incredibles' Sequel
- Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition Video Interviews with Katie Aselton & Lake Bell of Black Rock