Everybody back on board for 'Hancock 2'? Not according to Jason Bateman
Plus: a proposed timeframe on the 'Arrested Development' movie
Reports circulated last week that stars Will Smith, Charlize Theron and Jason Bateman had all agreed to return to star in a sequel to "Hancock," the 2008 summer blockbuster which made a mammoth $624 million worldwide. Speaking to the press while promoting his upcoming comedy "Couples Retreat" today, Bateman says he was "surprised" to see the break since he nor his management have been contacted about the project.
" I only know what I've read," Bateman reveals. "No one has contacted me or anyone who represents me have to ask if we're interested or if we would. I know nothing about it. So, it's surprising to me that Variety and The Hollywood Reporter would write that story, because they are usually pretty well vetted before they write something and that was completely false. I haven't heard anything about it and the whole thing about me being on board? Couldn't be farther from the truth."
Bateman added, however, "I would love to be a part of the film but I've not heard anything about it."
When asked about the much discussed, debated and hammered to death "Arrested Development" movie, Bateman said there was nothing new to update fans with except that "my guess is it will be shot sometime next year. I have a feeling Mitch is about halfway done writing it. So, we'll probably shoot it middle of next year and however long things take to get cut and marketed, so [it should hit theaters] first part of 2011 I would imagine. That's just a guess."
Look for more news on both these projects as it develops on HitFix.
"Couples Retreat" opens nationwide on Oct. 9.
News From Our Partners
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering