Eminem announces new album 'Recovery'
Only hours after declaring 'Relapse 2' dead
First there was "Relapse," then "Refill"; now there's "Recovery."
In the official announcement, posted on his website, it mentions that the rapper worked with producers DJ Khalil, Just Blaze, Jim Jonsin and Boi-1da.
"I had originally planned for Relapse 2 to come out last year," Eminem says in a statement. "But as I kept recording and working with new producers, the idea of a sequel to 'Relapse' started to make less and less sense to me, and I wanted to make a completely new album. The music on 'Recovery' came out very different from 'Relapse,' and I think it deserves its own title."
As reported earlier today, Em posted There is no Relapse 2" on his Twitter, after fans had long expected the sequel. Now if only Dr. Dre could get around to announcing some real logistics...
"Relapse" was considered Eminem's "comeback" album, after largely disappearing after 2004's "Encore" and 2005's "Curtain Call" hits compilation. He frequented the pages of tabloids, was involved in a bus crash and entered rehab for drug abuse. That album came out around this same time last year, with an emphasis on that turbulent time.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million