Elijah Wood joins Andy Samberg and Rashida Jones in romantic comedy
Emma Roberts, Ari Graynor also set to star in 'Celeste and Jesse Forever'
Elijah Wood will star alongside Rashida Jones ("Parks and Recreation") and "Saturday Night Live's" Andy Samberg in the romantic comedy "Celeste and Jesse Forever," according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The film centers on a young couple (Jones and Samberg) who try to remain friends -- and date new people -- while going through a divorce. Wood will play a metrosexual co-worker of Celeste’s, who masquerades as her “saucy gay friend.”
Emma Roberts ("It's Kind of a Funny Story"), Ari Graynor ("Conviction") and Chris Messina ("Vicky Christina Barcelona") have also been cast.
Lee Toland Krieger ("The Vicious Kind") is directing from a script by Jones and Will McCormack.
Team Todd partners Jennifer Todd and Suzanne Todd (the "Austin Powers" films) will produce along with Lee Nelson.
Wood's first TV series, FX comedy "Wilfred," premieres June 23. He'll soon return to his famous "Lord of the Rings" role as Frodo in Peter Jackson’s upcoming prequel "The Hobbit."
Check out the "Wilfred" trailer here:
News From Our Partners
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child