Edgar Ramirez to join Sam Worthington and play Ares, the God of War in 'Wrath of the Titans'
Venezuelan actor to trade in his sideburns for sandals
Edgar Ramirez may accept the role of Ares, the God of War opposite Sam Worthington's Perseus in "Wrath of the Titans," the sequel to last years "Clash of the Titans." Deadline reports that the Venezuelan actor has been offered the role and it's his for the taking. Although "Clash" was widely held up as the reason movies shouldn't be in 3D, due to it's rushed and headache inducing 2D to 3D conversion, the film has made close to half a billion dollars worldwide. Director Jonathan Liebsman will replace Luis Leterrier at the helm, and we're guessing it will be shot in 3D this time. Liebsman is coming off the highly anticipated "Battle: Los Angeles."
You may recognize Ramirez from "The Bourne Ultimatum," but he really made waves with his Golden Globe and SAG award nominations for his role as Carlos the Jackal in "Carlos," the five and a half hour film directed by Olivier Assayas. If he accepts the role of Ares, he will be replacing British actor Tamer Hassan, who held the role in "Clash."
As with all films so early in pre-production, things may change. Warner Brothers has yet to release an opening date for "Wrath of the Titans." Stay tuned.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart