Duplass brothers bringing 'Do-Deca-Pentathlon' to the screen
Duo also have 'Jeff Who Lives at Home' opening this spring
Fraternal writer-director duo and Sundance faves Jay and Mark Duplass may be slowly going mainstream -- first with 2010's Jonah Hill dramedy "Cyrus," and now with this month's "Jeff Who Lives at Home," starring Jason Segel and Ed Helms -- but they still have a soft spot for micro-budget, dialogue-driven indies like their upcoming "Do-Deca-Pentathalon," which hits theaters in June.
Starring Steve Zissis, Mark Kelly, and Jennifer Lafleur, "Do-Deca-Pentathlon" is about two highly competitive grown brothers who revive their epic childhood sporting event, The Do-Deca-Pentathlon, at a family reunion in order for one of them to finally claim ultimate victory.
“Almost 20 years ago, Fox Searchlight redefined how the world came to see independent film. Now, on the brink of the digital revolution, we couldn’t be happier to partner with them on their new initiative with Red Flag to further redefine how to get smaller, innovative films out into the world,” said Jay and Mark Duplass in a release.
“We formed a great relationship with Jay and Mark on 'Cyrus' and are excited to be partnering with them again,” added Fox Searchlight Pictures Presidents Nancy Utley and Steve Gilula.
Red Flag Releasing nabbed theatrical distribution rights, while Fox Searchlight Pictures will handle all other ancillary markets. The film will premiere at next week at SXSW, and will open theatrically in June.
“We’ve wanted to work with Mark and Jay for a long time, and are thrilled to be distributing 'Do-Deca-Pentathlon', which is vintage Duplass,” said RFR’s Paul Federbush.
Mark Duplass spends a fair amount of time in front of the camera these days as well. He was seen in "Humpday," and on FX's "The League," and will soon appear in "Your Sister's Sister" and "Safety Not Guaranteed."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
15 days ago
about 1 month ago
|Discuss In Theaters and Coming Soon on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Who Won 'DWTS'? Backstage Drama Leads To 'Nashville' Changes Who Went Home On 'The Voice'?