'Dollhouse' co-star Dichen Lachman joins Syfy's 'Being Human'
Actress will play an ancient vampire royal in the second season
"Dollhouse" co-star Dichen Lachman is joining the Syfy drama series "Being Human."
Lachman will portray Izumi, an ancient vampire royal whose unexpected arrival in Boston causes some serious problems for main protagonist vampire Aidan (Sam Witwer) and his supernatural roommates, ghost Sally (Meaghan Rath) and werewolf Josh (Sam Huntington).
The new season of "Being Human" begins production this month in Montreal. It will air sometime in 2012. The show's executive producers are Michael Prupas ("The Kennedys"), Jeremy Carver ("Supernatural") and Anna Fricke ("Everwood"), Adam Kane ("Heroes") and Rob Pursey, and Toby Whithouse.
The show debuted in January 2011 averaging 1.8 million viewers, making it Syfy’s most successful winter season scripted series launch in 6 years.
In addition to "Dollhouse," Lachman has appeared as such TV series as "Hawaii Five-0," "NCIS LA" and will soon be seen on "Torchwood."
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking