Death Cab For Cutie first single for 'Twilight Saga: New Moon' soundtrack
Track to be unveiled during MTV VMAs
Death Cab For Cutie has scored the leading single spot for the forthcoming "Twilight Saga: New Moon" soundtrack, with an all-new track "Meet Me On the Equinox."
The track will be unveiled on the MTV website during the Sept. 13 broadcast of the cable network's Music Video Awards (VMAs).
DCFC bassist Nick Harmer confirmed the band's participation to MTV.
"We didn't expect it would be chosen for the first single - we were thinking it would be a part of the soundtrack, maybe," he said. "I have no idea if ['Twilight' author] Stephenie Meyer approved it or what. It's been an exciting process, because we've been so removed from it. We were in L.A. for a week and we went into the studio and wrote and recorded the song and submitted it. We didn't know where anything stood, and then we just got a call last week like, 'Guess what - your song has been chosen as the first single.'"
Harmer went on to describe "Equinox" as"pretty dark and brooding, lyrically."
Death Cab is signed to Atlantic Records, which is also home to the soundtrack, in conjunction with Chop Shop Records.
As previously reported, "New Moon" director Chris Weitz told HitFix.com that Bon Iver, Band of Skulls and Thom Yorke would all have a place on the soundtrack, due Oct. 20, and that he was continuing to try and rop in Kings Of Leon for an all-new track.
The soundtrack to the first "Twilight" film, released last year, has gone on to sell over 2 million copies.
News From Our Partners
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama