Wilde on 'Tron' sequel: Daft Punk 'in the movie'
Watch: Wilde reveals some info on famous French duo, glowing discs
We've already known for a while that Daft Punk was going composing the soundtrack and score for "Tron" sequel "Tron Legacy," but now it may be that the dance duo will be making an appearance in the film as well.
In an interview with MTV, "House" actress Olivia Wilde, one of the film's leads, let it slip that Daft Punk would be "in the movie" -- which insinuates they're doing more than just crafting the soundtrack.
Still, to be fair, Wilde did not clarify in her comments, if Daft Punk was "in" the movie, as in appearing, or if she only meant they were taking part.
The French musicians-- best known for hits like "One More Time" and "Harder Better Faster Stronger" -- have pretty much lived their public lives in disguise, in robot suits or masks: there are almost no photos of Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter. So the movie wouldlikely feature them in full regalia, which is only appropriate.
Wilde also mentioned, "There's some ideas in the works about how to incorporate them into a Comic-Con event." Wilde, original "Tron" star and returnee Jeff Bridges, director Joseph Kosinski and others appeared at Comic Con this year in stripes, as did the updated Light Cycle.
And then there's the infamous glowing discs: "I do use the disc," she said. "But I don't play with it in the same way as the other characters. I have my own way to use it."
The film is set to be released in December next year, in 3-D.
News From Our Partners
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased