Crooked Vultures announce U.S. tour dates as Foo Fighters 'Greatest Hits' is revealed
Dave Grohl temporarily walks away from one project to tackle his next
Dave Grohl will have a seemingly busy fall. Not only is his new group Them Crooked Vultures going on tour in North America, but his main group, in its downtime, is releasing its first "Greatest Hits" album.
"Foo Fighters Greatest Hits," due Nov. 3 via Roswell/RCA, will feature two new Foo tracks, "Word Forward" and "Wheels," the latter of which we already revealed to you. Of course, the set also boasts tracks like "Learn to Fly," "Best of You" and "Everlong," which, believe it or not, is up for an MTV VMA.
The band's latest album, "Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace," was released in 2007. The group is on a temporary hiatus.
The group has formally announced its first tour, with dates in North America and the U.K. Now, Them Crooked Vultures will help headline Austin City Limits in that Texas town on Oct. 2, with a tiny solo show at Stubbs the night before. In fact, most dates are at small clubs around the country.
The band has spent some time recently flying about in Europe, performing unannounced sets at festivals like Pukkelpop and Reading. As previously reported, they've been unleashing snippets of songs "Elephant" and "Nobody Loves Me and Neither Do I."
Oct. 1: Austin, TX (Stubbs)
Oct. 2: Austin, TX (Austin City Limits)
Oct. 5: Nashville, TN (War Memorial)
Oct. 6: Columbus, OH (LC Pavilion)
Oct. 8: Detroit, MI (The Fillmore)
Oct. 9: Toronto, ON (Sound Academy)
Oct. 11: Boston, MA (House of Blues)
Oct. 12: Philadelphia, PA (Electric Factory)
Oct. 14: Washington, DC (9:30 Club)
Dec. 10: Plymouth, UK (Pavilions)
Dec. 11: Portsmouth, UK (Guildhall)
Dec. 13: Blackpool, UK (Empress Ballroom)
Dec. 14: Birmingham, UK (O2 Academy)
Dec. 15: Edinburgh, UK (O2 Academy)
Dec. 17: London, UK (HMV Hammersmith Apollo)
News From Our Partners
- Podmass: David Sedaris describes his bath time, cicadas are explained, and Wompler returns Interview: Mitchell Hurwitz talks about the resurrection of Arrested Development AVQ&A: What pop-culture family would you want to join?
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Scoop: 'Callie Isn't A Victim' 'Supernatural's' Surprising Ratings Victory Three Years Later, People Are Still Livid About 'Lost'
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- CBS Fall 2013: 'Intelligence' Extended Trailer Evokes 'Chuck' For Grown-Ups Marvel's 'Avengers Assemble': Producers Explain Movie Tie-In, Plus New Clip! 'Hannibal' Review: "Trou Normand"
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career