Comedy Central greenlights three new series including 'The Burn' with Jeff Ross
'The Burn,' 'Review with Forrest MacNeil' and 'Nathan For You' join cable network
Comedy Central has picked up three new unorthodox-sounding shows starring three comedians with larger-than-life personalities and opinions.
First off, “The Burn” will star the “Roastmaster General” Jeff Ross, who will bring his roasting skills to bear on everything and everyone in his path. Ross and his not-very-nice pals will take aim at each week's most-discussed people, places and things.
“Jeff embodies comedy past and comedy future simultaneously, and we are excited to be in the present with him,” said Comedy Central's Kent Alterman in a release.
"Thank you Comedy Central,” added Ross. “My mission is clear. To rip the world a new asshole one crack at a time. I can't wait to get started."
Secondly, “Review with Forrest MacNeil” will find Andrew Daly (“Eastbound & Down”) playing a critic who, instead of movies or food, reviews real life's most intense experiences -- from divorce to murder -- much to the chagrin of his put-upon family.
"I know Andy Daly’s wife and I want to assure her that contrary to the documentary style of the show, it is fictional,” said Alterman.
"This show will be a great service to society,” said Daly. “If you're thinking about cheating on your spouse or murdering someone, please wait until we review it so you can avoid the pitfalls and enjoy the experience."
Finally, in “Nathan For You,” Canadian writer-comedian Nathan Fielder (“Jon Benjamin Has A Van”) will dispense hilarious advice to real people as they deal with their struggling businesses.
“I’m hoping the best advice Nathan ever gives me turns out to be that he advised me to pick up this show,” joked Alterman.
“Picking up my show is a great move for Comedy Central,” said Fielder. “I wouldn't be surprised if we see a major uptick in Viacom stock today.”
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness Digital Multiplex: The Last Stand, Side Effects, and More RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: Ambitious, Time-Jumping Epic Cloud Atlas
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)